For the first time, a select group of students will have the opportunity to earn their bachelor’s degree in social entrepreneurship from Lynn University.
Watson Institute at Lynn University understands that to solve the toughest challenges facing the world, we must equip the next generation with the necessary tools, network, mindset, and courage to unleash a lifetime of impact. We’re recruiting the pioneer class who will:
- Earn their bachelor’s degree in as little as three years while building a venture
- Experience courses based on Watson’s award-winning methodology
- Connect with a powerful network of mentors and social entrepreneurs including Jerry White, a leader of the Nobel Prize-winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines; Tom Chi who helped invent Google Glass and the self-driving car; and Erin Schrode, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress
- Be part of a transformative group of aspiring social entrepreneurs from around the world
- Gain experience solving real social, economic and environmental problems, a global network of mentors, and lifelong friends
Students go earn their Bachelor of Science in Social Entrepreneurship from Lynn University while taking advantage of everything the campus offers. Boca Raton is part of the greater Miami area and students are connected to local mentors and social ventures to integrate into the South Florida entrepreneurship hub. Students also have access to:
Students will go through their education as a close-knit cohort, collaborating with future leaders from all over the world. What they have in common is grit, idealism, and a drive to leave the world better than they found it. Highlights may include:
- Seed Funding: Watson scholars have access to a pool of seed funding through stellar participation, completing challenges, and investing in the student community.
- Scholar Trip: Watson’s weeklong series of challenges and workshops from thought leaders in a new location.
- Funder Week: An intensive week focused on fundraising for for-profit and nonprofit ventures led by real impact investors and foundation heads themselves – seed funding is awarded to the strongest non-profit proposals at the end of the week.
- Summit: The culminating event in which students pitch their ventures to a packed crowd of supporters, partners, mentors, funders, family and friends
Lynn has partnered with Watson to create this innovative new bachelor’s degree because it supports our belief that to solve the toughest challenges facing the world, we must equip the next generation with the necessary tools, network, mindset, and courage to unleash a lifetime of impact.
- Lynn University is named as one of the most innovative and diverse universities in the nation. See more here >
- Lynn’s Social Impact Lab offers incredible opportunities such as Ambassador Corps to all Lynn students
- Lynn’s J-Term offers for-credit, hands-on Citizenship experiences for all students
- Lynn’s approach of intellectual exploration through dialogue and experience leads to transformative conversations and focus on pressing global discussions
Watson offers an innovative Tuition Optional Income Sharing platform, generous scholarships, and full-ride fellowships to make the program affordable for every student.
Protect Your Courage
We’re calling all next-gen innovators, leaders, and social entrepreneurs ready to pioneer their education. Applications are now open for the Watson Institute at Lynn University Bachelor of Science in social entrepreneurship. Students must apply to Lynn University for admission, as well as to the Watson Institute at Lynn University program.